Internships (Part-time, temporary, unpaid internship)
Our team seeks interns to provide essential support within each of our departments during the summer 2019 semester. Ideal interns will relish a significant learning opportunity that puts them at the heart of our organization, in direct support of our critical staff, as well as multi-faceted programs and events that touch on a unique collection of artifacts that celebrate the richness of Chinese history, art, culture, and the contributions of Chinese Americans. School credit can be arranged. Positions are available in the following areas of concentration:
Membership and Collections Database Intern
Outreach and Communications Intern
Summer, with specific dates to be determined with supervisor. Interns work 2 full days per week, plus several evening events throughout the semester. All interns every week will record Museum attendance, assist with upkeep of the Museum’s grounds, process Museum tickets, and lend a hand in operating the giftshop.
- Email your résumé, a cover letter, and an unofficial copy of your transcript as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line: include your full name and first-choice area of concentration (from above) in the subject line (example: Jane Doe_Membership/CollectionsDatabase).
- In your cover letter: indicate your top two areas of concentration (from above) and briefly describe your qualifications in those areas.
- Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis. Should your application meet the above requirements, we will contact you for an interview. No phone calls, please.
The Museum is looking for volunteers to work in the Museum and for docents during the week to give our Asian Pacific Historic District Walking Tours as well as to give tours of our Sun Yat Sen Memorial extension site. If you are interested in volunteering or becoming a docent, please call us at (619) 338-9888 or contact email@example.com.
- Learn about the Museum’s permanent collection, which focuses on San Diego’s Old Chinatown and the history of the Chinese in San Diego
- Be familiar with the Museum’s extension building collection
- Serve as a docent for visitors
- Assist in Museum events and exhibit set-up
- Assist Executive Director and staff in upcoming projects