Visitor Services Representative/Docent (part-time)
The San Diego Chinese Historical Museum is looking for a reliable Visitor Services Representative/Docent to assist Staff in maintaining the visitor experience Tuesday – Saturday, 1-4pm. The Visitor Services Representative/Docent helps guests have the best possible experience at the Museum and will give tours of our permanent collection and the exhibition in our extension. The VSR functions as a member of the Museum’s sales and guest service force — selling tickets and memberships and proactively making suggestions to guests at point of purchase to match guest interests to Museum offerings and meet sales goals.
- 100-200 guests per week depending on the season.
- Up to 100 guests per day during school vacation week / holiday periods or special exhibitions.
- Up to 50 transactions per cashier, per day.
- Additional shifts and/or extended hours may be required to accommodate peak periods such as school vacation weeks and summer hours.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills. Cash experience a plus.
- Ability to match guest interest to Museum offerings and effectively up-sell additional offerings to meet sales goals
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to address guests in a professional manner
- Ability to juggle many tasks calmly and efficiently in a fast paced setting.
- Ability to work independently
- Basic math skills sufficient to collect payment and make accurate change on transactions, compare costs of guest purchase options, or keep accurate capacity counts
Please send resume and cover letter to Ashley Moy: email@example.com
Address all cover letters to Hannah Rangel.
The San Diego Chinese Historical Museum (SDCHM) prohibits discrimination against current staff or applicants on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. SDCHM is an equal opportunity employer.