Grant Writer (part-time)
The San Diego Chinese Historical Museum is looking for an experienced Grant Writer to assist the Executive Director in developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations. Grant Writer will work closely with our Outreach and Communications Coordinator to assemble and submit grant requests.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts.
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Conducting prospect research.
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’.
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years previous grant writing experience, be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. A high level of computer literacy required. Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
Please send resume and cover letter to Denja Harris: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all cover letters to Hannah Rangel.