Museum & Garden Tour
Grades: 5-9 | Duration: 60 minutes
This docent-led tour provides an overview of the history of San Diego’s Chinatown, the Chuang Garden, our permanent collection, and featured exhibits in the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Extension and Chuang Archive and Learning Center, if applicable.
Common Core State Standards
English Language Arts Standards
Speaking & Listening
- 4.3 – Identify the reasons and evidence a speaker provides to support particular points.
- 6.1c – Pose and respond to specific questions with elaboration and detail by making comments that contribute to the topic, text, or issue under discussion.
- 6.1d – Review the key ideas expressed and demonstrate understanding of multiple perspectives through reflection and paraphrasing.
- 6.2 – Interpret information presented in diverse media and formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) and explain how it contributes to a topic, text, or issue under study.
California State Board of Education
History-Social Science Content Standards for California Public Schools
- 4.4 – Students explain how California became an agricultural and industrial power, tracing the transformation of the California economy and its political and cultural development since the 1850s.
- 6.6 – Students analyze the geographic, political, economic, religious, and social structures of the early civilizations of China.