GARDEN & FACILITIES RENTAL
An architectural gem featuring a blend of Asian, mission revival and industrial architectural styles as well as a traditional Chinese-style garden, the San Diego Chinese Historical Museum has several event spaces ideal for corporate events, meetings, weddings, anniversary celebrations, and more.
Guests can enjoy our galleries displaying works of contemporary and ancient Chinese art, spanning 5,000 years of history. Our staff is looking forward to working with you to produce a truly memorable event. Please contact us Lucy Esperanza (email@example.com) or phone (619-338-9888) to schedule an appointment to view the event spaces and for further information.
The museum is located in the heart of downtown San Diego, just a few blocks from the San Deigo Convention Center, Gaslamp District, Petco Park, parking, and public transportation systems (Trolley & Bus).
SPECIAL EVENTS & WEDDING PRICES
Capacity: 50 (Seated or Standing)
Fee: $500 minimum of 3 hours; $75 additional hour or part thereof; 5 max hours
Chuang Archive & Learning Center (CALC)
Capacity: 100 (Seated) or 150 (Standing)
Fee: $1500/4 Hours or $275 each additional hour; 5 max hours
AVAILABILITY & HOURS
The museum is available for private seated dinners, cocktail receptions, theatre-style presentations, weddings and rehearsal dinners, anniversary celebrations, and similar corporate and social events. The museum’s facilities are not available for multi-day events, fundraisers of any kind, political or religious events.
Please contact Lucy Esperanza (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check availability of your preferred event date. A tentative hold can be placed in the museum’s event calendar while you make your decision.
A signed agreement and certificate of insurance are required along with the rental fee a minimum of 30 days before the event date.
Rental fees vary depending on the group size and spaces used. Please call to enquire about rates for your special event.
The museum’s highly trained docents and architectural guides can lead tours for groups of 10 to 15 guests or meet guests in the galleries to answer their queries about the art and architecture of our historic buildings and the Chinese in San Diego. Please inquire about docent fees.
The museum can provide in-house a/v support for events, including microphones, sound system, CD players, risers/staging, video projection, and other equipment. Onsite tech support during the event is included with equipment rental. Contact the rentals team for an estimate. Clients may also arrange for audiovisual services through a vendor.
SDCHM also has kitchen facilities in all of its locations, which offer the ability for limited food preparation and reheating.
For less than traditional rental companies, the museum has podiums, tables, belly bars, chairs and other furniture that can be rented for events already onsite.
Terms of Pricing and Facility Use
- Rental hours include set-up and breakdown time as well as the duration of the event itself.
- Additional fees will apply for events before or after regular museum house for staffing needs.
- A deposit of 50% the total fee must be paid upon booking and is non-refundable.
- $100 cost of the event must be paid to the Museum two days prior to the event.
- Art, artifacts, statues, vegetation, and all other museum fixtures may not be moved or altered in any way.
- No decorations or temporary fixtures may be affixed to plants, trees, woodwork, buildings, or any architectural feature with nails, tacks, staples, or any application that will cause irreversible damage.
- Museum must approve of candle use prior to the event. Flame-less candles are strongly encouraged.
- Any additional time spent over contractual time agreed upon will be assessed a fee.
- Any cancellations made 30 days or less prior to the event will result in the forfeiture of the entire rental fee.